Friday, November 19, 2010

DAY 19~ Stupid Hawaiian shirt

Friday November 19th, I am once again thankful for my Lord and Savior! and for my hubby!  My Biff!


God amazes me daily! Sometimes in just small ways and sometimes in huge ways, today was a huge way! Without sharing too much He just reminded me that even when we think we are in control, we are not. And I'm so thankful to not be in control!! I'm blessed to have Him running things, I should've learned by now that all I have to do is just sit back and let Him do His thang!! If anything, God has taught me that He wants the very best for me and Chris and our babies.  All I have to do is QUIT worrying and just have faith.  Something that is so easy to say but sometimes so hard to do! 


And again, I'm thankful for my amazing hubby!
Chris Van Hoy, I met you 10 years ago. And when I did, I honestly fell in love with you at first sight.  Dont get me wrong, I thought you were the biggest DORK in your hawaiian shirt (I dont care what you say, it was not a "rave" shirt, it had hibiscus' on it).  I thought the scar under your right eye was sexy and made you look harder than you were really were.  I loved that you were taller than me, I loved that you gave me just enough attention to make me want more of you.  UGH you had me at the hibiscus shirt!!  
But now, I love you so much more than I ever thought I could love a boy 10 years ago.  I would still think you are a dork if you wore a hawaiian shirt or a rave shirt for that matter.  I still think your scar is sexy and it definitely makes you look harder than you really are.  I still love that you are taller me, and I love that you give me all the attention I could want and yet, still leave me wanting more of you.  I love you how you can read me within 4 minutes of seeing me.  I love the way I feel when I hear your truck pulling up in the driveway, even if I show differently.  I love how we have come such a long way from those two kids in the Pike house.  We have three kids, live in our dream home, we work together everyday but best of all I love how this is just our earthly lives together, I know our heavenly life will so much more together! Thanks for always praying for our family, for us,  for me.  I pray for you almost all day.  But mainly just thanking God for you! I feel blessed more than any girl ever should


And I owe all that to God! I undeservingly have the best life, but I give all the glory and praise to God.  I didnt do any of it, I just let Him work through me.  I hope that I make Him proud.  I hope and pray that one day, when I meet Him face to face, He will look at me and say "Job well done TvHo, you faithful servant!" 

Peace Out Hommies

Be Joyful Always, Pray without ceasing. Be thankful for all circumstances in your life, for they are the will of God for you.   1 Thess. 5:16-18

2 comments:

  1. Love this, at you give it all to HIM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just made my day! I needed to hear every bit of this. I love you and the family so much. Yall are so amazing! I'm so happy that He has led me to yall. He really does know what He's doing and I forget too often.

    ReplyDelete