Monday, April 25, 2011

He is Risen Indeed!

I love Easter. Always have. I love the pastels that appear this time of year. Baby animals everywhere. People just seem happier this time of year, don't ya think?
I was thinking about Easter and how wonderful it truly is for us Christians. I am so grateful that Jesus defeated death. It is my ticket to heaven. It's the hope I look for in hard times. It is the guarantee that someday I will see my Pop again.
This is our first Easter without him. It will be so odd for him to not be there. We usually always go to Palmetto for lunch after church, but we always had to eat downstairs because Pop can't walk up the stairs. I giggle as I think of how Pop used to complain that Palmetto wouldn't install an elevator just for him.
Oh Pop, I miss you so much. I know you're having such a great time up there. I bet Easter was awesome! Oooohhhhh how I cant wait to hear the worship that goes on in heaven.
Thank you Jesus for suffering on the cross but more than that, for rising from the grave. You Are ALIVE!
Happy Easter everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment