Sunday, August 15, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love.....yup! Im good at all 3 of them.

Last night, I went on a date with Jaynuh (Lauren, my assistant at MDO) We went to eat at Cantina Laredo. Then went to see Eat, Pray, Love.  It was GReat!!  I really enjoyed the movie. I have read some of the book but have not finished it.  
You moms of LOTS OF KIDS understand that between school, cooking supper, running bath water, ironing clothes, folding more clothes, and Facebooking of course, there is little time to read books. 
When I was watching the movie, I couldnt help but thinking about my own life. In the movie, the main character, Liz, struggles with balance in her life. She searches for God throughout the movie and how to balance herself and a relationship with a man. Her main struggle with love is that she loses herself when she's in a relationship.  
'Loses herself"
Thats what hit me like a brick. 
Mainly, because thats something I tend to struggle with myself. Always questioning where that girl went that would cruise in her red T-Top camaro listening to the Dixie Chicks. I tend to be disappointed that I cant always be that 17 year old girl with no cares in the world. 
But what I decided last night, is that, I dont want to be that girl anymore. I love that I have 3 of the most beautiful children God could ever give a person. And the husband He gave me.....WHEW! Talk about lose myself in a man.....but I LOVE that I'm lost in him. Because Chris strengthens me. He calms me, He loves me.  I depend on Chris for things that I know I could do on my own, but I dont want to, I want CV to do these things for me (Like change a light bulb or untangle my necklaces)
But its also the same for him.  There are things I know he could do himself, but instead he wants me to do for him. (Like find that black hat that he loves to wear that is sitting on his nightstand in the plain daylight but for some reason I'm the only one who can see it)
I love my huband. I always have, from the day I met him.  I knew he was wonderful, but I had no idea the kind of man that God would form him to be.  And I'm so grateful that Chris and I worked hard and long at our marriage. Not just for our kids, but for each other. I think we better each other.

And it definitely helps that he's WAY HOT!!!

Peace Out Hommies

No comments:

Post a Comment